As we age we become more aware of the effect the years have on our bodies and, more particularly on our skin. We want the best products that will delay the aging process for as long as possible. Our skin’s natural defences weaken with the passing of the years so we need to protect the skin against daily invaders such as pollution and ultra violet rays from the sun. Quality anti aging skincare products are our skin’s best defence against aging, however there is a lot more we can do about aging than simply using the right products.
Why does skin age and what can we do about it?
When we age, the collagen and elastin in our skin breaks down casing loose sagging skin. A lot of anti aging skin care contains collagen and elastin and it sounds logical to purchase these products to replace the collagen and elastin our skin has lost. Unfortunately this is just a waste of time as the molecules in these substances are too large to pass through the pores of our skin.
Gravity is another cause of sagging skin. There is little we can do to fight gravity apart from keeping out skin healthy and firm. Facial exercises can go some way to keeping our muscles firm enough to support our skin.
Sunlight is probably the worst culprit in the aging of our skin. The sun’s rays can damage our skin even when the sun is not shining. We need to wear a good natural sunscreen every day to protect our skin from these rays as well as dirt, germs and wind damage.
Other things we can do to keep our skin youthful are:
– drink plenty of water, this plumps out the skin.
– take multivitamins and antioxidants – oxidation is a primary cause of aging skin.
– eat healthy foods rich in nutrients.
– stop smoking.
– drink alcohol in moderation.
– exercise daily – exercise increases circulation which nourishes the skin and keeps it healthy.
– don’t use cosmetics with harmful chemicals. One of the best things we can do for our skin is to use natural anti aging skincare. Why is natural skincare the better choice? After all there are hundreds of anti aging products out there all vying for our attention. Natural products are better because they are absorbed better and they are safe.
Aging is a natural process and nothing can stop it. However by living a healthy lifestyle and with the use of good antiaging skincare products, we can delay the aging of our skin quite dramatically into our sixties and beyond. It’s natural to want to look our best and this is now possible with the daily use of quality antiaging products.